Monday, July 9, 2012

Be a Better Husband by Showing Gratitude

 I initially titled this post "Be a Better Husband by Saying Thank You," but changed it when realizing that being thankful is not just saying "thank you," and that showing gratitude is much more powerful. Our actions speak infinitely louder then then spoken words.

How to show Gratitude-
I imagine that people who gratitude in many different ways.  This is something that I am not good at, plain and simple.  Here's good example of how I don't show gratitude and maybe you can use myself as an example of what not to do.  Often when I come home from work, my wife has worked tirelessly to clean the house.  While I notice it most of the time, I occasionally remember to say thank you, and even more rarely do I SHOW gratitude by helping to maintain the cleanliness she created (by at very least cleaning up after myself!).  You know your wife - say thank you and show gratitude in a way you know she will appreciate.
 
When to Show Gratitude-
You always have a reason to show gratitude to your wife, even if it just because she puts up with you!  Does she stay home and take care of the kids all day? does she go to work to help provide for your family? does she cook meals or help maintain the house? does she pay the bills? does she support your interests and hobbies? Did she marry you?  Tell her and show her your gratitude!

I resolve to show more gratitude to my wife.You should too.

How will you show gratitude to your wife today?


photo credit: mtsofan via photo pin cc