Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Gift Ideas for your Wife

The pressure is on.  It is almost 2 weeks to Christmas and you still haven't gotten anything for your wife for Christmas. I'm not feeling the heat as much this year, because we have decided to not get each other gifts (or have a $10 limit).  Most of us husbands, however, should be buying our wife gifts (yes plural!) and what you give your wife can speak volumes!

Yes, I do understand that this season is not all about gifts, however, I'm guessing most will be buying them anyway.  Therefore here is my list of reminders and suggestions about giving Christmas gifts to your wife:
  • Listen to Her - Throughout the year listen to the things she says and make mental notes (written notes are even better!). For example, last year my wife was getting cold a lot (*Mental Note*), so last Christmas I got her a electric blanket.  By listening to her, I was able to meet her needs and make quite an impression! So, listen to her, she will give you clues to great gift ideas!
  • Handmade - Put some effort into a gift and you will melt her heart.  A couple of year ago, back when I still have some free time, I printed pictures and made a calendar for her.  If you were to ask her, she would probably tell you that this was her favorite Christmas gift I've given her.  In today's economy time and effort may be the only thing you can afford!
  • Be Cautious - The other day I was listening to the radio and they were talking to a man on the phone and asking him what he was planning on getting his wife for Christmas.  On his list was running shoes! This has a high possibility of backfiring!  Be cautious of items such as running shoes, kitchen gadgets, or anything else that could get you in trouble.  You even need to be careful with clothes (too loose =you think she's fat; too tight = she is fat).  Be sure to listen to your wife, but be very careful!
  • Gift Suggestions - In case you need even more help, I have created an Amazon Affiliate store full of great gifts for your wife! I have personally selected about 30 items, I know your wife will love. Go check out my store and if you buy something you are only supporting the Better Husbands and Fathers Blog!  ...Hurry up, you only have 8 days to buy and still receive your items by Christmas!!
What are you getting your wife for the Holidays?  Any other suggestions of what to do (or what not to do!)?

*Disclaimer: I used "Christmas" but please don't be offended, substitute your holiday of choice!