Tuesday, December 14, 2010

5 Ways to be a Better Husband: #4 - Surprises!

The latest post in the  Top 5 Ways to be a Better Husband series.

#1 - Saying "I love you"
#2 - Service
#3 - Hold Hands

#4 -  Surprises!
All women feel love differently. However, all women loved to get surprised.  What the surprise is will vary from wife to wife, but I believe all wives enjoy a good surprise.  A surprise breaks the routine of everyday life and  It shows your wife that you are thinking about her.

It doesn't even have to be in big things, a lot of times it is in the little things that we find the most happiness is marriage. Here are some ideas (please share your own in the comments):
  • Notes - Leave notes for her to find.  If she showers after you, you can even write love notes on the bathroom mirror!
  • Trips - These are a little more difficult to plan, especially if you have children, but they are also very effective in making your wife feel special and loved.
  • Dates - Have you ever taken your wife out on a date when she had no idea what you were doing? it's a lot of fun.  Warning, if you do this, make it an extra special date.  A surprise trip to the movie theater, may not be as effective as something more creative.
  • Flowers/Gifts - My wife loves flowers.  She loves flowers even more when they aren't for a special occasion and I think yours will too.  If your wife's love language is gifts (like mine) this is one of the best hings you can do!
  • Phone Call - Call her during the day just to say I love you or how much you appreciate what you're doing.  Also, it is my theory that the more inconvenient it is for you to call, the better it will be received.
  • Time Together - One of the best surprises I have given my wife was when I left for "work" in the morning, only to come back 15 minutes later with all the fixings to male her breakfast.  I surprised her when the fact that I was taking the day off of work just to be with her, she loved it!
How have you surprised your wife? What did you do? what was her reaction?